8 Steps to Develop Healthy Habits
Follow these 8 Steps to Develop Healthy Habits & Take Control of Your Health
A lot of us have goals, ideas or new habits that we want to develop. But it can take a lot of strength, determination, and accountability (and willpower!) to achieve it. How often have you written down a list of things you wanted to accomplish for the week, only to have one or two items crossed off before the next week arrives? How many of us have wanted to run a race every month, only to find yourself unmotivated or under-trained before your next event arrives?
Here are eight steps to develop healthy habits and to achieve your current goals or develop new healthy habits.
- Write down your goals or the habit you want to create.
- Make a long-term plan for achieving your goal and divide it out into small steps or a flow chart.
- Have a daily plan. Set reminders on your phone or write appointments on your daily planner. Schedule tasks just like you would any other appointment. For many individuals, scheduling the same time of day to complete specific tasks will make it easier to make a routine a habit.
- Find an accountability partner or group that understands your goals. Post your goal publicly.
- Remove all distractions. Get rid of all obstructions and distractions that will help prevent you from achieving your goals.
- Visualize yourself achieving your goal and how you will feel achieving it. Allow yourself thirty seconds each day to breathe and visualize.
- Educate yourself. Do research on what it will take to reach your goal and use available resources and tools make your journey a little easier.
- Present daily reminders of your goals. Place visuals on your bathroom mirror, on your car console or on your refrigerator.
If you are curious about the programs I offer, or just want to stay up to date with my latest newsletter, sign up below with your email and watch your inbox!